Recap: FC Edmonton grab late goal to draw Armada
FC Edmonton 1-1 Jacksonville Armada
Watson (OG) – 77′
Roberts – 90′
- After a loss to Ottawa Fury midweek, Jacksonville were officially eliminated from playoff contention, along with FC Edmonton who fell just short.
- FC Edmonton were playing their last game of the year as they have a by-week on the final matchday of the season.
- Jacksonville went ahead when Watson deflected a ball into his own net
- Edmonton would go down a man in the 67th minute when Jones would lash out at Barrett violently.
- Roberts grabbed a late goal for FC Edmonton to draw them level to finish of their season.
- Roberts header was perfectly placed into the top corner of the net, out of reach of diving Sierra.
- Johnson was dangerous down the left flank and although his shot was deflected for an own goal, his run to get into the position was well timed and won.
- Jones apologized after the match for kicking at Barrett in the 67th minute. Jones was already on a yellow car and earned his red through unnecessary violent conduct.
- FC Edmonton were close to earned a spot in the NASL Championship, however they were unable to hold onto their strong start to the Fall Season and push for fourth position.
- Jacksonville Armada have one game remaining and will be looking to save face by earning a win and avoiding finishing last place in their inaugural season.