Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. Ottawa Fury
- The two clubs met each other last weekend and battled to a nil nil draw. They both created chances but struggled to break each other down.
- Strikers defeated Armada midweek and now sit in the 4th seed spot for the NASL Championship.
- Ottawa Fury have dropped points recently but still look strong as they sit atop the Fall Season standings.
Last Time They Met
Who to watch.
- Oliver has scored twice in Fury’s last three matches and seems to have found his form since coming back from a string of injuries.
- Peiser was solid when these two teams met last week, and his quick reflexes and strong presence in the box will be important in denying Fort Lauderdale goals.
- Pinho currently leads the Strikers and NASL with 12 goals, and the Brazilian will certainly be someone to keep an eye on as Fort Lauderdale push forward.
What You’ll See
- Expect to see two very organized teams that play strong tactically and try and take advantage of mistakes. They battled out to a 0-0 seven days ago and a repeat of that scoreline is possible if neither team open up and get caught on the counter.
What You Wont See
- Both coaches know exactly what to expect and it’s doubtful you’ll see it rain goals. With the defensive strength of Ottawa holding back the strong Strikers offense, it will take a goal or two early for either club to really open the game up.