San Antonio Scorpions 3 – 0 Tampa Bay Rowdies
11′ Marvin Chávez
54′ Omar Cummings
62′ Omar Cummings
– For the second game in a row, the Rowdies controlled possession early but couldn’t make it amount to anything.
– The Scorpions scored all three goals off counters using their speed.
– The second half showed more box to box action with the Scorpions finding more time on the ball as the game went on.
– With this loss, the Rowdies end a 8 game unbeaten streak.
– Omar Cummings – Scored two goals and made a fantastic assist for the first goal. On the second he showed stunning composure to time his shot on a speedy run.
– Billy Forbes – Used his speed to great effect and made a great cross for the assist on the second goal.
– Matt Cardone – Two great saves. One came off the incident where Julius James was injured
– Stefan Antonijevic – Got smoked repeatedly by the Scorpions leading to at least 2 goals. Got booked when he threw his arm out to block another great run by Chavez who was about to blow by him.
– Tampa’s Attack – Weren’t able to make the most of their possession and few shots truly threatened Matt Cardone.
You Won’t See On The Highlights
– Eric Hassli’s new mohawk – He looks like a whole new player.
You Don’t Want To Look For
– Video of Julius James breaking his leg – The big man made a huge mistake on a back pass and had to track back hard to make up for it. Threw a high leg to try and block the shot. In the process he planted the other foot on the ground and his body made the leg break at the shin.
– Despite lacking the consistency needed to take wins, San Antonio’s squad is made up of phenomenally talented players who are spectacular when in form.
– The Rowdies are showing concerning signs both in front and in defense. This game has shown the league how they can be beaten.